today i am proud to be introducing a new feature to my blog. every thursday there will be a piece of well designed packaging featured here. there are so many cool items out there and we encounter them in our everyday lives. i think these items create inspiration, whether that is inspiration to purchase then and there or to create something new and exciting ourselves. sometimes they just make us smile, which is pretty nice too.
to kick off the series i am featuring a great local brewery’s packaging, southern tier brewing company. i noticed their beautiful new packaging when i was shopping at consumer’s beverages a couple weeks ago. this photo is blurry because i had to snap it on my cell, but you get the idea.
what’s to love:
- bright colors, different for each brew so you can easily grab what you want
- large text for the type of beer, again makes it easy to find what you are looking for
- unfamiliar with this brand? no problem – on the right side of the box, next to the type of beer, the box lists what it’s brewed with
- a slightly different than normal six pack box shape. definitely a step above what you normally see. it draws your attention to the brand, especially in a sea of everything else that feels the same.
- logo in same color banding all the way across the box, creates an impressive shelf display and keeps the brand top of mind
- beautiful patterns. different for each brew of course!
- boxes made from 100% recycled paper. eco-friendly packaging = major bonus points. even cooler, they have a 422 earth day brew, packaging is printed with soy based inks, and lists simple ways to be greener. awesome.
i grabbed some images from wegmans.com to show off the design a little better than in the above blurry shelf shot!