In honor of Earth Day this month I have been sharing some of the eco-friendly practices of my business on my Facebook page. In case you missed any of them, here they all are!
From Top Left:
1. All of my clear packaging is biodegradable because it is made from plant materials!
2. Have you ordered invitations from me? Or made a large stationery order? All of the tissue paper it was wrapped in is 100% Recycled!
3. All of the bubble wrap I use is reused from packages I or friends/family receive! I include this little slip with each order, printed on scrap paper to encourage more reusing! Wondering what do with all of that bubble wrap? I can reuse it for you!
4. All of my framed prints are in up-cycled frames! discarded and out of style frames, are brought back to life with a fresh coat of paint!
5. Local business, Park Edge Sweet Shoppe receives some of their packaging in these boxes. Instead of tossing them, they generously donate them to me – so they can be used again to ship stationery! Keep reusing
6. Much of my paper is sourced from Mohawk a NY based paper company. I choose the paper for it’s quality and also their commitment to social and environmental responsibility. http://www.mohawkconnects.com/company/social-responsibility The paper that I currently use from them is 30% PCW with a planned transition to 100% once my current stock is used up!
7. Several cards in my shop are created with 100% PCW (post-consumer waste) kraft paper or paired with 100% PCW kraft envelopes!
8. To avoid using excess paper, whenever I ship something flat [prints or greeting cards] I print the shipping label right on the envelope. The envelopes are also 100% PCW recycled paper too!
9. Seal and Send Wedding Stationery reduces paper use – no envelopes and a tear off post card RSVP. Mine are now all printed on 100% PCW paper.
10. I also work to keep a eco-friendly studio space as well. Almost all of my furniture is found at a thrift store or something someone else was discarding. The floor is now covered with a FLOR INC. 100% RECYCLED fiber carpet!